Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Shredded Chicken Tacos


I love Crockpot recipes because they are generally very easy. This one is no exception! I saw this idea on a friend's cooking blog -- and I'm reposting (stealing, if you will) her picture and recipe. We made these for Quinn's blessing (along with shredded beef tacos) and it makes a lot of food, and like I said, so easy!



Ingredients:

Chicken - 2-3 chicken breasts
Salsa (I use Pace Picante Medium)
Canned black beans (rinsed and drained)
Frozen Corn

Directions:
You can actually just make this with salsa only, but I like to add beans and corn. Put chicken in crock pot. Cover with salsa (I usually add whole jar). Add black beans and corn (about 1 cup each). Cook on low 6-8 hours or high 3-5. Shred. Enjoy in soft tacos with your pick of fixings.

2 comments:

  1. These were super yummy! In the couple days I've been home from California, I've already bought the stuff to make these...they were that good, I just couldn't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I make the same thing except that I use El Pinto green chile sauce instead of salsa. Sometimes I add some cream cheese about an hour before we eat and it's super yummy too. Leftovers are great as a casserole too! Definitely one of my favorite recipes!

    ReplyDelete