Monday, June 6, 2011

Baked Parmesan Chicken

I am again stealing this from my friend Laura, but I think she stole it too, so I don't feel too bad :) And I don't have a picture, even though I made this last night. Sorry. This is another meal with ingredients I pretty much always have on hand. Dave really likes Chicken Parmigiana, and I feel like this is a tasty, more healthy take on that dish. This recipe is originally from Just Cook Already, but Laura modified it slightly. It calls for fresh thyme, basil and oregano, but she just used dried - which still tastes great.

Ingredients:

1/2 cup butter
2 cloves garlic, minced - or 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
1 cup dried bread crumbs
1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon dried thyme
1 tablespoon dried basil
1 tablespoon dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
6 chicken breast halves (I usually just use 2 big breasts -- so about 4 breast halves)

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Melt butter with garlic over the stove. When butter starts to bubble, remove from heat and allow to cool slightly. Stir breadcrumbs, parmesan, thyme, basil, oregano and salt and pepper in bowl. Dip chicken halves in butter, and then in bread crumb mix. Place chicken in baking dish. I sprinkle some extra bread crumb mix on top, and then drizzle with extra melted butter. Bake 50 to 55 minutes. (I usually take it out at 50 minutes and cover the dish with foil to let it "rest." It keeps the chicken nice and moist. Serve with marinara sauce and pasta. I used whole grain rotini pasta (Mason's fave, without sauce of course -- who is this kid?!)

1 comment:

  1. Mmm...sounds yummy, and easy too (my favorite combination)!

    ReplyDelete