Friday, June 3, 2011

Jam Thumbprint Cookies


Let me just say upfront that no recipes I post on this blog belong to me nor were any created by me because I am just not that awesome. At least thus far in my cooking life. Now that that is out of the way :) . . .

Okay, so this recipe is one I definitely made sure I grabbed for my personal arsenal while at BYU living with one Melissa M. Burns. These are easy and only require a few ingredients (which I usually happen to have on hand anyway) -- they don't even require eggs! More importantly, they are very, very tasty and also quite cute. Perfect for baby showers and the like. I will also say I have only had them in the raspberry form, although the recipe says you can use apricot jam instead.

Ingredients:

2/3 cup sugar
1 cup butter, softened
1/2 tsp. almond extract
2 cups flour
1/2 cup jam (seedless raspberry is my preference, but apricot may also be used as stated above)

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine sugar, butter and almond extract. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl edges often, until creamy (1-2 minutes). Reduce speed to low and add flour. Continue beating until well mixed. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place 2 inches apart on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. With thumb (or I find a round teaspoon works better), make indention in the center of each cookie. Fill each indention with 1/4 tsp. jam. Bake for 14-18 minutes (be careful not to let them brown). Let set for 1 minute on the pan and then remove from sheet to cool. Once cool, drizzle the cookies with almond glaze (recipe follows).

Almond glaze:

1 cup powdered sugar
1 1/2 tsp. almond extract
2-3 Tbs. water

Combine all ingredients and stir. Adjust measurements to taste and desired texture. Drizzle on cookies and allow to set.


Delish! I always get rave reviews with these bad boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment